Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Rhubetter

"Square" garden before vacation:
Last year, I failed to properly prepare my rhubarb bed, plopping it among strawberries as if their culinary partnership would be enough. This year, I dug deep, and with the added help of buying a two-year old plant, the rhubarb seems to be off to a better start. It quadrupled during my ten-day vacation.
The eight hot peppers are doing well--even one fruit already! And herbs, well if I could not grow herbs I'd really be wasting my time.
In the little box at top, I planted some fennel volunteers I dug from the lawn--hoping to see if I can harvest some bulbs before they become a fennel monster.

1 comment:

  1. I really like that little box you've created, and the offset of matching corners makes things look neat.....

    ReplyDelete