Monday, May 2, 2011

Plant Sale Haul

The spring native plant sale was Saturday, and I got nearly everything on my list.
Here are the Solomon's Seal and Anemone in place, among the Hydrangea, Clethra, Itea, Tiarella, and a skinny sweet shrub (Calycanthus) a neighbor divided for me--plus lots of wild violets (unfortunately not frangrant ones).Behind the serviceberry's multiple trunks, I planted a Christmas fern, then to the right are the wavy leaves of bloodroot and a black cohosh. More Anemone and Solomon's seal are planted to the left, among more Itea and Clethra and a Dogwood shrub.
The last few plants--Culver's root, blazing star, and indigo--are elsewhere waiting to be planted.

It was a good day at the farmers' market too, where I picked up four tomatoes. Then a rainy day run to the nursery to fill some holes in the front yard. I ended up with a Spiraea, heather, and Amsonia. I've got a lot of digging to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment