Saturday, March 24, 2012

Another garden mistake

The 80 degree yesterday was perfect, and one task was weeding the mystery plant that was rapidly popping up in two large spots in my flower garden. I had a sneaking suspicion it was something I had planted, but a casual chat with a neighbor got me thinking it was a weed that I did not want to get too established. I had nearly decimated one patch when I saw that the plant was emanating from dried stems and a tell-tale clump of potting soil. This was a perennial I had planted last year! It was nowhere on any of my diagrams, and there was no tag lying around, but when I turned to my photos I sadly realized it was Ageratum (mist flower), a plant that did really well last summer/fall and has lovely blue flowers. I think it will bounce back, but lesson learned and vindication--see, Mr. Do, my "crazy" metal plant tags serve a purpose!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment