Thursday, July 29, 2010

Something Fishy

The eggplant is the success of the season. I discovered fertilizer--fish emulsion with kelp. Stinky stuff, diluted with water every 2 weeks. The eggplant and lima beans seems to like it quite a bit. I think it accounts for the improving peppers too, but the heat wave ending should also help.
No regrets though, last year the garden did pretty well with just compost, and I wanted to just plant and figure out the soil later. I have still got to do that soil test though. I can't wait to compare this year's lima harvest to last year's (one quart of frozen beans, eaten this week!).That whole bed seems to be doing the best. The okra is finally developing clusters of flower buds, so I hope more of the one pod we've harvested is on the way.

In other news, the herbs were moved to a pot--to be close to the kitchen door and to make room for a pomegranate in the valuable real estate along the sunny back fence. Plus, the rabbits were eating the sorrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment