Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Beginnings

Dinky Do has a new look! I was bored, and spring cleaning and such. Another gorgeous weekend (and they had called for snow, ha!) spent surveying the garden brings thoughts to renewal but also reminded me of my main goal for this season: avoiding pain!
Gardening is really hard on the body, whether you are 25 or ... ahem, approaching 40. Even less strenuous tasks can be repetitive to the point of pain, especially when you are endowed with a single mindedness for finishing a task that borders on obsession. This season, I am going to try harder to not be so hard on myself. I began research into "gardening yoga" today and found articles from two great resources: Yoga Journal and Organic Gardening.
We'll see how it goes, and in the meantime, enjoy this preview of Fritillaria bulbs, blooming soon along with the bleeding heart above (whose sprouts I saw emerging from the soil over the weekend--it's always amazing to see it return since it dies back so thoroughly in summer).

No comments:

Post a Comment