Friday, September 24, 2010

As Summer Wanes...

Still getting okra in late September. Another "crop" (well, 5) of eggplant is coming soon. The peppers are a bust, and though we had plenty of tomatoes for slicing and tons of golden cherry tomatoes, something was up with the tomatoes that I'll have to address next year. Ditto with the peppers. Limas were the other success, but I still had to buy some from the farmer's market to freeze. Last, we'll have pesto all winter.
Looking ahead: My Brassica seedlings have amazingly survived; I've planted some parsley, cilantro, and dill; and some favas sprouted up. My two additional cold frames are on the way (the other one worked super well last winter). I just hope I can get some lettuce, arugula, spinach, tat soi, carrots, radishes, and other root vegetables planted this weekend before it's too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment