Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Falling for Fall

Well fall came on rather abruptly. We've had unseasonably cool weather--which would actually be quite nice if I did not know it would get even colder--and gloomy rain. We need a new roof. It's football season (ugh).
In the garden, I probably seeded much too late, but I can buy seedlings. My farmers' market has lovely lettuce and other greens. My radishes are coming up, hopefully soon to be followed by beets and turnips. The fava beans are looking nice. At the same time, the garden is still producing peppers, tomatoes, squash, okra, and beans. It's all about the kitchen these days, like this torte from Beyond the Plate. I am going to make this far too much, with every fruit. It's pear season!

When I was little, I wanted to be a florist. Here's my attempt, inspired by Little Flower School and Saipua.
 
How do you stay inspired in less than stellar weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment