Monday, March 21, 2011

Big Bed

The "big bed" is 4x6, compared to my existing 3x6 beds and new 3x8 beds (plus a tiered 5 ft square bed that I am still deciding what to do with). It is somewhat difficult to reach the center, so 3 feet wide is the way to go.
Big bed has the smattering or parsley and cilantro that all of the beds have, plus spinach and arugula and the self sowing mesclun, plus rows of roots that I planted in fall: carrots, radishes, beets, and parsnip--the latter two had sporadic germination, but I am noticing the beets taking off now.
This bed did not have okra last year, so that rotation is planned. I am thinking of planting winter squash (another dinkydo first) in the center.
Behind big bed sits my asparagus patch, strawberry bed, and (on the fence) blackberry.




I get to harvest asparagus this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment